Monday, December 15, 2008

Thomas Comes Home For Christmas














On Thursday, December 11, Mother and I went to Oklahoma City to pick up my brother Thomas from the airport. He flew in from the Solomon Islands because his job working for the Arch Bishop of the Diocese of Melanesia ended when the bishop retired. He'll be here for a month or two while he waits to get his visa in order. Then he's off to Vanuatu to do whatever it is he does. I just know it has something to do with the Anglican Church.

We had a great time in the city though. Thomas is always up for a good time so as soon as we left the airport, he wanted to go to Bricktown. I used to go to the all the Redhawks games when I lived in the city, and I was down in Bricktown all the time but I haven't lived in the city for six years now, so it's been a while since I've been to that area.

We went to Zio's for dinner. I wanted to go to Cheleno's for Mexican but Thomas was hungry for Italian. We went to the movies afterward and I saw Cadillac Records which I enjoyed very much. Mother and Thomas saw Australia. After the movies Jill met up with us and we went to a great blues club called The Biting Sow. It was a lot of fun. I don't remember the name of the band but it was Dr. Ron and the blues something. We got to visit with Dr. Ron and that was very nice. We got home around two in the morning I guess.

Mother took me to the commissary and the PX today. I finally got the ingredients for my Egg Cream. I first learned about it watching Ryan's Hope then my friend Judy told me how to make it via the Ryan's Hope message board. I had to make do with Oklahoma supplies since we don't have U-Bet chocolate syrup in Oklahoma. It was good anyway, but one day I'll try a real New York Egg Cream! It's pretty much just carbonated chocolate milk!! lol. I did use a Coca Cola shaped glass as instructed though!!

That's about it for now. We're expecting an Arctic Blast and it's already really cold. It's time to hunker down. You two stay warm!!!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow, your brother sure leads an interesting life! And your get-together sounds likes lots of fun.

scarlettudor said...

I loved your reference to our 'Ryan's Hope' message board and Judy teaching you how to make an egg cream there! Say 'hi' to Thomas for me. He sure seems to be a fun guy.

rwmollet said...

Cool blog. Regarding horses: This is Dr. Ron, the guy playing the harp in the photo of Dr. Ron & The Blues Hounds at The Biting Sow. My real job is that of a veterinarian. The most memorable horse I met was one which decided he didn't like getting the gash on his chest stitched up (under sedation) and clunked me on top of the head with his jaw bone. Indeed, a horse is a horse of coarse.....