Sunday, October 26, 2008
My fan base is growing by leaps and bounds. I have readers all over the world, in places like New York, Korea, Tucson, Vermont, Honiara and Byng. Many of you suffer from "Lawton Envy." So because you long to to be here, but since you can't, I took a few pictures for you with my trusty Kodak Easyshare. Enjoy.
1. Ernie and Mother's place decked out for Halloween.
2. Columbia Square Apartments where I lived in the late 80's. I put this one up to show Brenda and Kelly. This is the new building. The one's where we lived were recently torn down.
3. Billy and Mother's husband Ernie suited up for the game.
4. A friendly neighborhood buffalo.
5. Leo and Kens. A popular truck stop we frequent. The serve a tasty upscale prison cuisine. If you eat there don't bother complaining about the food. It's not their fault you chose to eat there after all.
6. Lawton schrub on Gore and Fort Sill Blvd.
7. Billy in front of his scoreboard on Gore.
8. Apac where I worked with Susan in the mid 90's. Remember all the fun we had Susan?? lol.
9. Sign at Billy's Uncle Dana's car lot. He's been selling cars in Lawton since the city was founded, I think.
10. Internet pic of the Lawton Constitution where I met Richard and Susan's ex husband Tom Jackson. They are both world renowned journalists these days. Susan gets her kicks reading books and teaching Korean engineering students how to communicate in English.
11. Pics taken Saturday morning out at the Wildlife refuge while we were driving to Cache to clean windows at Bank of the Wichitas.
12. Gas prices in Lawton as of Friday. They haven't changed over the weekend as far as I know. But I heard that Oklahoma has the lowest prices in the nation and a station in Frederick (SW OK) has it priced at $2.04 a gallon.
13, 14, 15, 16, 17. Accidentally posted these twice and don't know how to take them off.
18, 19. Welcome to Lawton, y'all.
20. Norton my darling doggy here at home in Richard Spur.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Not much happening around here. The window cleaning business is really taking off. Yesterday Billy and I went to Yukon and he cleaned his mom's windows and his Uncle gave us a pressure washer which is very cool. I saw gas as low as $2.59. I got a pic of it at $2.68 though. So what are the gas prices where y'all are??
I put up a pic of Billy, his mom and his daughter Celesta, his sister Kim and her little friend, and his step dad Stan.
Stan has a beef jerky empire. Currently he is in the process of opening a new plant and store in Yukon. We went there yesterday and saw it but I forgot my camera. I'm easily impressed and thought it was so cool that he actually owns his own fork lift! lol . I just never knew anybody who owned a fork lift, ya know? Here is the link to Stan's web site.
Everybody but Richard please feel free to go take a look. He takes orders from all over the United States and has great gift packages too. Okay Richard you can look too since you do know people who eat meat.
That one pic is of our front porch taken this morning.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Billy recently became a member of Master Window Cleaners of America making him the first an only Oklahoma resident in the second largest Window Cleaners association in the US. Here is the link so you can check out their web site. They have a directory so you can find a professional window cleaner near you. Our good friend and mentor Howard Connet of Tucson AZ helped establish our membership.
And for your entertainment pleasure I present to you a you tube video with George Formby singing "When I'm Cleaning Windows".